Terms of Trade

You will be deemed to have accepted these Terms of Trade, upon the earlier of any of the following events:

  • Upon any communication from you (by email, phone, fax or mail) requesting us to begin web development services to you;
  • Upon registration of your domain name;
  • Upon payment of the first hosting fee.

CMS HOSTING:  Pukaki Web Design will arrange hosting of your website with Web Widgets Ltd.  Click here for a copy of their terms and conditions of hosting including, but not limited to: payment for hosting fees, payment for excess traffic allowances, objectionable material; privacy; discontinuity of service; back up of your website; .nz domains or error processes.   In managing your hosting service, Pukaki Web Design is also bound by these terms and conditions and these conditions apply to these Terms of Trade.

NEWSLETTER: Pukaki Web Design may from time to time send you a newsletter or information to the email address you have provided when you requested a quote or made a purchase. You may unsubscribe at anytime. If you are a live website hosting customer, we may send you additional messages from time to time where there is important information to disclose to you regarding changes to account  processes, terms and conditions, web hosting or domain services.

PRIVACY: Pukaki Web Design will not share your personal information with any other person, company or government agency, unless required by law or by a court order.

DISCLAIMER:  Pukaki Web Design is not responsible for any loss of income or any other loss, direct or consequential, suffered by you as a result of down time or loss of your website, caused by:

  • suspension of your hosting for failure to pay your fees on time;
  • attacks by hackers;
  • crash of your server, or;
  • any other reason which is outside of the control of Pukaki Web Design.

FEES AND PAYMENTS: All fees are charged in advance and are payable within 14 days of receiving your invoice.  Any default in payment may result in the suspension of your hosting.  

EXPENSES: Any expenses, disbursements & legal costs incurred in the enforcement of any rights contained in this contract shall be paid by the Customer, including but not limited to any solicitor's fees, debt collection agency fees and court costs.

DEPOSIT: A deposit of 33% of custom design or development fees are payable in advance before any work commences. This fee is non-refundable. At the completion of the design mock-up stage, you may cancel without incurring further expense. Payment of the remaining 67% is required once you authorise Pukaki Web Design to complete the job. Receipt of this payment is due before the design can be made live.

DOMAIN NAME RENEWAL: We can arrange your domain name and if we have undertaken this service for you will provide at least 14 days’ notice of a domain name renewal date. Domain name fees must be paid within five business days of their expiry date, or your website may go offline due to non-payment. You will lose registration rights if you fail to pay your outstanding fees within 90 days after that time. You must notify Pukaki Web Design before renewal date if you do not wish to renew a domain name, or you may be liable for payment if we have renewed your domain name in good faith.

SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION (SEO)  Pukaki Web Design will arrange basic industry standard SEO, which includes selection of page titles, opening paragraphs and meta tags, utilising your key phrases as we think best. Although we may give you advice during this work, our time does not include any training as to the methodologies we use. You may pay for additional training time if you would like to learn how to do this yourself. Our aim is to ensure your chosen pages are included in the search results that are relevant to the keywords. We do not guarantee position. Search engines are third parties who change their rules from time to time. They also have significant stand-down periods before pages are indexed, or re-indexed, and may at times block certain pages. The term "listed" does not mean top 10 - it means anywhere in the relevant search results.

NZ LAW: These terms of trade are governed by New Zealand Law and any dispute will be subject to the jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts